Cold and flu season is definitely here and is not fun. It’s important for parents to be prepared for this season with products who can help their baby with cold and flu symptoms. I listed below a few of my favourite products I found for cold & flu season products for babies and kids
Those products can help with cold symptoms, but they can’t prevent the flu or cold. Babies and young children can get cold or flu very easily, just by going to a playdate or a daycare. There is no really a way to prevent that in 100%, but there are a few ways you can help protect your baby.
Ways you can help protect your baby from getting the flu
- Keep your hands and baby’s hands clean
- Use hand sanitizer when needed.
- Keep sick people away from your baby
- Minimize contact with people who already sick
- Breastfeeding if possible
- Avoid playdates or indoor playground
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow
- Make sure your baby gets his/her vitamins.
- Get a flu shot.
Cold & Flu Season Products For Babies
In my list below are some of the most useful children’s cold and flu products out there. I used those products a lot during the wintertime with both of my girls. I recommend those products from my personal experience.
HydraSense Ultra-Gentle Mist Nasal Spray
- Relieves cold symptoms such as nasal obstruction and secretion and related sinus pressure
- I use this product for my kid, baby and for myself.
- Sterile, saline solution and free of any medications or preservatives. Non-medicated solution without chemical additives (you can use it if you pregnant as well)
- Boogie wipes provide the perfect solution that kids will run to when noses feel their worst
- Ideal for kid and baby congestion symptom relief, with natural saline that helps dissolve snot and boogers to create a better blow
Boiron Stodal Children’s Honey Syrup
- Children’s Stodal Multi-Symptom Syrup is a homeopathic medicine used for cold symptoms such as nasal congestion, runny nose, sneezing; minor sore throat, dry or wet cough, chest congestion
- Please be aware that this product is for 1 year old and above.
- It tastes like honey, so kids love it.
- Helps to clear stuffy noses quickly & gently for infants and toddlers.
- The recommended method of relieving nasal congestion in infants
- I personally use Braun BNA100CA Nasal aspirator. It is not available on Amazon, but you can find it at Walmart.
- You can also get a basic Nasal Aspirator like this one below
- Chewables tablets for age 2 years old and up
- Help fight off infections, provides immune support, and relieves symptoms of cold and flu.
- It helps my 5 years old get over cold faster. She really likes the taste (but I’m yet to try myself)
The most important one: Keep Infant Fever and Pain relief handy
Babies can develop a high fever in no time. I recommend always keep Infant Fever and Pain drops in your house just in case. Whatever brand you like to use, just keep it in a safe place. Out of reach for children, but easy to reach for adults.
If you would like to suggest or recommend a product you use and love for Cold & Flu Season please comment below and let us know.
DISCLAIMER: THIS BLOG POST DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information, text and images and other material contained on this page are for informational purposes only.
If you like this post and you would like to read more content like that, please subscribe to my mailing list here