This is my full Camping Packing List for Camping with a Baby.
If you want to read first about how to go camping with a baby like a Pro, click here to read the full post. I share many of my best tips for family camping.
I use this Camping Packing List every time we go camping. We went camping with our baby, toddler and kids. Go over this camping packing list, adjust it to your family and add any other items your family would need to have the best camping list ever.
For your convenience, I added links to the products I use. Please note that those are affiliate links to Amazon.Ca
Family’s Camping Packing List for Camping with a Baby
My list contains affiliate links to Amazon.ca
- Tent: We use a Coleman 5-Person Tent, which is just the right size for us.
- Tarp: we take two traps. One Trap we place under the tent and the other above the tent in case of rain.
- Sleeping bags
- Camping mattress pads or air bed (including pump) if needed
- Blankets and pillows
- Outdoor mat or picnic blanket
- Camping Chairs
- Clothes including bathing suits
- Warm clothes for night time
- Mosquito Protection: Spray, Candles, Clip-On, and others
- Shower utilities
- Toilet paper
- Stove or Barbecue for cooking
- Cooking utilities like pans and cutting board
- Cooler- Coleman 20 Can
We don’t use a big one. We only keep meat and dairy at the cooler.
- Portable water tank
- Dining utensils: Forks, Spoons, Knives, Plates, Cups
- Kitchen paper towels
- Table Map
- Food: Fruits, Veggies, Meat, Eggs, Bread, Drinks, Spices and more.
- Soap and sponge to clean your dishes
- Flashlight and Headlamps
- Lighters or matches
- Books if you like to read
- Phone charger
- First aid kit
- Umbrella and raincoat
- Garbage bags
Baby’s packing list for Camping
- Pack n’ Play Playard, Playpen or a travel bassinet for sleeping
Tip: If you camp with an Infant I would recommend taking a Pack and Play anyway. This way your kid can stay there while you busy cooking, assemble your tent and etc.
- Baby Carrier and/or backpack baby carrier.
If you plan to do some trekking or some walking in the park, it will be better to use a backpack baby carrier. For all other times, you can use your regular carrier.
- Bedding and warm blanket for night time.
- Net for the bed and the stroller.
- Receiving blankets for changing time
- Extra clothes and extra shoes
Tip: Take more clothes than you would think you will use.
- Warm clothes for night time.
Tip: It can be very cold at night time, therefore you should bring warm slippers and a jacket for early morning time.
- Baby Formula if needed
- Baby food
- Food utilities
- Booster for feeding time
If you have a small one that you can place on any chair or camping table it will be ideal.
- Diapers and Wipes
Bring as many as you can, you don’t want to be left without diapers.
- Small bags for dirty diapers.
- Sunscreen and hat.
- Mosquito protection for babies
- First aid kit including thermostat, medications to treat fever and after-bite cream.
- Shower utilities and towels
- Hand sanitizer gel
The gel will be a good tactic to clean your hands before feeding and after changing diapers.
- Bathing suit and Swim Pants
If you planning to go swimming every day, bring more than one bathing suit.
- Beach Shelter Tent or Sun Block Beach Umbrella
If you plan to go to the beach or if you have a sunny campsite, you will need to provide some shade for your LO’.
- Beach kids gear like baby float and sand toy set
- Toys, games, balls, books
If you camping with a toddler:
- Toddler camping bed or air bed.
We use the Regalo Baby camping bed. My LO’ really likes this bed.
- Sleeping bag
- Toddler camping chair
- Potty chairs
- Many extra clothes.
You can download my list as a PDF for easy print. Click the download link below and a copy will be sent to your mailbox
Family Camping Packing List
Send download link to:
When you download a file, you will be subscribed to our mailing list. You can unsubscribe at any time,
- The Best Way Parents Learn CPR and Get Certified from Home - May 17, 2021
- Celebrate a kindergarten Graduation - April 30, 2021
- Mother’s Day Gift Guide 2021: Shop Local! - April 18, 2021