This is my full Camping Packing List for Camping with a Baby.
If you want to read first about how to go camping with a baby like a Pro, click here to read the full post. I share many of my best tips for family camping.
I use this Camping Packing List every time we go camping. We went camping with our baby, toddler and kids. Go over this camping packing list, adjust it to your family and add any other items your family would need to have the best camping list ever.
For your convenience, I added links to the products I use. Please note that those are affiliate links to Amazon.Ca
Family’s Camping Packing List for Camping with a Baby
- Tent. We used the Coleman 5-Person Tent, which is just the right size for 3 people (or 3 with a baby)
2 years ago we moved to Coleman 8-person, which have 2 sections and it fits easily 4 beds and some area in the middle for our bags.
- Camping Tarps. I recommend to take two with you. one to place under the tent and one above in case of rain.
- Sleeping bags. Keep in mind the summer nights in Ontario can be chilly.
- Camping mattress pads or air bed (including pump) However you prefer to sleep.
- Blankets and pillows
- Outdoor mat or picnic blanket
- Camping Chairs. We bring with us 2 adults chairs and 2 kids camping chair for kids.
- Towels. Beach towels and for shower.
- Clothes including bathing suits
- Warm clothes for night time
- Mosquito Protection: Spray, Candles, Clip-On, and others
- Hats for everyone
- Shower utilities
- Toilet paper
- Camping Stove or Barbecue for cooking
- Camping Cooking utilities like pans and cutting board
- Cooler- the one that you will use is really depend on your car size and how much space you can dedicated. The space saver cooler will be more expansive. We used the small Coleman, when we camp with one baby. No we are using family size.
- Portable water tank
- Dining utensils: Forks, Spoons, Knives, Plates, Cups. We don’t use disposable plastic.
- Kitchen paper towels
- Table Map
- Food: Fruits, Veggies, Meat, Eggs, Bread, Drinks, Spices and more.
- Soap and sponge to clean your dishes
- Flashlight and Headlamps + extra batteries.
- Lighters or matches
- Books if you like to read
- Phone charger
- First aid kit
- Umbrella and raincoat– trust me on that, always bring umbrella and plastic rain covers.
- Garbage bags
Baby’s packing list for Camping
- Pack n’ Play Playard, Playpen or a travel bassinet for sleeping
If you camp with an Infant I would recommend taking a Pack and Play anyway. This way you LO’ can stay there while you busy cooking, assemble your tent and etc.
- Baby Carrier and/or backpack baby carrier.
If you plan to do some trekking or some walking in the park, it will be better to use a backpack baby carrier. For all other times, you can use your regular carrier.
- Bedding and warm blanket for night time.
- Mosquito Net for the bed and the stroller.
- Receiving blankets for changing time
- Extra clothes and extra shoes- Take more clothes than you would think you will use.
- Warm clothes for night time.
It can be very cold at night time, so you should bring warm slippers and a jacket for early morning time.
- Baby Formula if needed
- Baby food- I used to bring oatmeal, and fruits that are easy to smash with a fork like banana and avocado.
- Baby Food utilities
- Booster for feeding time– If you have a small one that you can place on any chair or camping table it will be ideal.
- Diapers and Wipes- Bring as many as you can, you don’t want to be left without diapers.
- Small bags for dirty diapers.
- Sunscreen and hat.
- Mosquito protection– always check labels.
- First aid kit including thermostat, medications to treat fever and after-bite cream.
- Shower utilities and towels
- Hand sanitizer Gel– To clean your hands before feeding and after changing diapers.
- Bathing suit and Swim Pants
If you planning to go swimming every day, bring more than one bathing suit.
- Beach Tent or Sun Block Beach Umbrella
If you plan to go to the beach or if you have a sunny campsite, you will need to provide some shade for your LO’.
- Beach kids gear like baby float and sand toy set
- Toys, games, balls, books
If you camp with a toddler
- Toddler camping bed or kids travel air bed. We use the Regalo Baby camping bed. the kids love it and it is also an extra bed for kids who staying for sleep over.
- Kids Sleeping bag
- Toddler camping chair
- Potty chairs
- Many extra clothes.
You can download my list as a PDF for easy print. Click the download link below and a copy will be sent to your mailbox
Family Camping Packing List
Send download link to: