Fall is just around the corner, the days are slowly getting shorter and cooler , and the smell of pumpkin spice latte is in the air!
Apple picking is one of the most popular fall activities and fits for Thanksgiving spirt . It’s a fun and healthy way to spend time outdoors with friends and family, and it’s also a great way to get your kids involved in gardening. There are plenty of apple orchards in the GTA that have numerous varieties of apples to choose from. Also, you’ll find some farms offer pick-your-own pumpkins and apples!
In this blog post, you can find all the information you need for apple picking around Toronto the GTA!
Tips For Apple picking
Apple picking is a great family activity that can be done at almost any orchard. Even babies can get involved, as long as they’re old enough to sit in a stroller and walk around on their own. Here are few things you need to know before arriving at the orchards :
- Don’t forget to bring a reusable water bottle.
- When visiting an apple orchard, it is best to dress casually in clothing that is comfortable and suitable for the outdoors. In addition to being comfortable, you want to make sure your clothes are appropriate for the weather.
- Closed-toe footwear is recommended when picking apples as you’ll be spending most of the time walking around outside in the orchard.
- The number of apples picked will depend on the size of the bags provided. The bag sizes vary between farms, so before heading out be sure to check the farm website or call ahead to find out what to expect.
- Some farms offer a flat rate for general picking; Other farms charge by weight instead.
Recommend Orchards for Apple Picking Toronto & GTA
location: 12416 McCowan Road, Stouffville, ON L4A 4C5
location: 14309 Dixie Rd., Caledon, ON L7C 2M8
location: 13707 Heart Lake Rd, Inglewood, ON L7C 2K7
location: 3105 16th Sideroad, King City, ON L7B 1A3
location: 122 Ashworth Rd, Mount Albert, ON L0G 1M
location: 8674 Heritage Rd, Brampton, ON L6Y 0E1
Now that you know how to get ready for apple picking and choose a farm, there is only last part that is missing. How do I know which apple to pick? which apple is best for eating fresh? Baking? cooking? Especially for that, we created all the info you need, for free download!
Apple Picking Free Download
Send download link to:
If you like this post and you would like to read more content like this, please subscribe to our mailing list here