This week, we are officially “celebrating” one month at home with our kids. Oh Lord, what a month.
STAYING AT HOME IS CHALLENGING!
It has probably been the most challenging time of my life. I know we are all in the same boat right now. One thing I try to remember is not to get upset by the things I cannot change! Instead, I am doing my best to work on the things I can change.
The list below is my mommy to-do list for COVID-19. This is not a list of kids’ activities or arts and crafts. You will also not find ideas like “watch every episode of Friends on Netflix”. You don’t need me to tell you to do these things. I have a feeling we can all come up with ideas like those very quickly.
My mommy to-do list for things to do at home during COVID-19 is a list full of productive ideas. Things that you should finish right now, so you will have more time during the summer to spend outside with your family. This is a list full of essential tasks to complete when you are stuck at home or just fun things to do by yourself to cheer up.
Things To Do Inside Right Now During Covid-19
Baby and Toddler
- Give your baby a massage.
- Toilet training (probably the best time ever).
- Sleep training for the little ones.
- Complete the baby’s first year book that you’ve always wanted to finish.
- Organize your baby clothes and set aside the ones that are too small for storage or donation.
- Take baby photos at home, here are some ideas.
- Check all your baby items at home and set aside all the things you can sell or donate.
Please note that some charities are currently overrun with donations and may not be able to accept yours. Always call to check first and make sure that they’re accepting donations. Some charities such as the Canadian Diabetes Association will even come and pick up your donations from your home.
- Clean your blinds and curtains (there’s no better time to do that).
- Clean your windows (again, it’s now or never).
- Wash your backpack and handbags.
- Clean your winter boots.
- Clean the baby stroller (using a vacuum is my helpful tip).
- Work on your garden or your balcony plants.
- Do your 2019 taxes.
- Update all your computer programs.
- Reset your PC and clean your drives.
- Clean up your email inbox (I found 2 Amazon Gift Cards in my inbox!).
- Clean up your Google Photos or Apple iCloud from photos.
- Teach your kids to sew – you can create home-made masks as well.
- Teach your kids to help at home: laundry, mopping, washing floors are great ways to start your kids helping with chores.
- Teach your kids to dance to the Macarena song.
- Get your preschooler ready for kindergarten.
- Teach your kids real-life skills.
Family time (like all the time)
- Take a new family portrait.
- Play a board game as a family.
- Dance Party: Dance with the kids to YOUR favourite music.
- Create a family emergency binder.
- Work on a household budget sheet.
Organizing is my middle name
- Organize your closets and set aside all the items you never wear for donation.
- Switch the kids’ seasonal wardrobes.
- Organize your bookshelves.
- Organize the kid’s room with your kids and create a bag for toy donations.
- Organize your family albums and photos.
- Create a new photo book with an online service.
- Organize your pantry.
- Organize your photos from all your drives and send the best ones for printing.
- Organize all the kids’ clothes that are too small for donations.
- Organize the garage or your storage unit.
- Plan your next family vacation.
- Plan your next mommy night out.
- Plan your summer by writing down all of the activities you would like to do this summer.
- Plan your next family camping trip and go over the packing list.
Mommy Self- development
- Make a vision board.
- Start journaling.
- Try a more powerful morning routine.
- Take one online course that you’ve always wanted to.
- Start your own blog.
- Treat yourself with a skincare routine.
- Read more books (and finish that book you always wanted to read).
- Take an online Yoga class.
- Do a resistance band workout.
- Try a Pilates workout.
- Participate in a Fitbit challenge.
- Have a Zoom party with your friends.
- Take a bubble bath to relax when your day is done.
- Have an “at-home” date night with your partner (after bedtime).
- Make Homemade pizza.
- Cook the one thing you’ve always wanted to cook but never had the time to.
- Make and decorate cookies with your kids.
- Join the legions of new bakers on the internet and learn how to make bread.
- Where to buy Kids’ Face Masks in Canada - September 9, 2020
- 5 Easy Steps for Moms to Help Reduce Financial Strain - September 7, 2020
- 6 Simple Steps to More Organized Kids - August 8, 2020