Lately, as my LO grows up, I find it hard to keep her busy during the afternoon. Baking cookies as an activity turned out to be a great time for me and her in the kitchen. The only problem was that we needed to keep the recipe simple. So, when I found out about this easy cookie recipe from my mom, I was very excited. She guaranteed that it would be good for me to make with my LO. This is absolutely the best cookie dough to make with kids. With only a few steps we can make great cookies together and have something sweet at home for the rest of the week.
This recipe is so easy to follow. It’s great for kids to cut with their favourite cookie cutters. The cookies can be stored in a cookie jar as there’s no need to store them in the fridge.
You can make any cookie you want with this recipe – as well as any shape and any size you want!
With the right decoration, it will also work well for Christmas Cookies.
The Easiest Cookie Recipe to Make with Kids
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 200 grams butter
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 360ºF or 180ºC.
- Mix all of your ingredients in 1 bowl. I don’t have a Stand Mixer, so I use a hand-held mixer. Later, I mix it with my bare hands
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface until it’s 1/4 to 1/2 inches thick.
- Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. This is the time to go crazy with your kids. Let them chose any cookie cutter they want or let them be creative and create their own shape.
- Place your cookies on a pan, and lightly dust some sugar on top or sprinkles in any colour.
- Bake for around 10-12 mins. Those cookies bake very quickly.
Enjoy with milk and store some before it's gone.
- Social Distancing: How To Survive and Thrive as a Mom - January 18, 2021
- Birth in a Pandemic: Having a Baby During COVID-19 - January 10, 2021
- How To Take Your Own Maternity Photos - January 6, 2021