We have recently reviewed an awesome book on Instagram– How to eat with one hand- by Christine Flynn and Emma Knight. it’s not a cooking book and is not a parenting book either. It is something in between that covers parenting tips, great stories and some delicious and easy recipes to cook and enjoy during each of your motherhood stages- from pregnancy to a full plate family meal.
In the book, you can find healthy easy meals, playdough, bath bombs recipes souces, birthday cakes and everything else you can do in the kitchen to keep your kids busy and your family smile, in a super relaxing approach that fits my busy modern mama schedule.
Happy to share with you a great easy, comforting summery recipe – Enjoy!
Cold Fruits Smoothie Bowl
- 1 frozen banana, roughly chopped If your cold fruit craving comes on at a moment when you don’t have any bananas in the freezer, don’t fret! Use a room-temperature banana in stead and add ½cup(125mL) ice cubes to the blender along with the rest of the ingredients before you start blending. The texture won’t be quite as creamy, but it will still be delicious.
- ½ (125 mL) cup frozen blueberries
- ¼ (60mL) cup frozen raspberries optional
- Handful of kale or spinach optional
- 1 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tbsp almond butter or nut butter of choice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 (250 mL) cup VanillaAlmond Milk or nut or oat milk of choice, plus more if needed
- Handful of Really Crunchy Granola
- Frozen berries
- Pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts and/or unsweetened shredded coconut
- Drizzle of melted nut butter and/or RaspberryChiaJam
- To make the smoothie bowl, place all ingredients(except the toppings) in a blender.
- Blend on low until loosely combined and then on high until smooth, about 30 to 45 seconds.
- If your ingredients aren’t blending properly, turn off the blender, stir the mixture with a rubber spatula and add another ¼ cup (75 mL) almond milk or water. Blend again.
- Transfer the smoothie to a wide bowl. Add desired toppings. Serve immediately.
Credit: Excerpted from How to Eat with One Hand. Copyright © 2020 by Christine Flynn and Emma Knight. Photography by Suechand Beck. Published by Penguin Canada, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.