Welcoming a baby into the world is an exciting experience for everyone. If you want to share in the experience, there’s no better way to celebrate the new parents than with a touching new baby card expressing your well wishes! Coming up with something to say in your card is important and picking the right thing can be daunting.
So if you’re at a loss for words, here is a collection of meaningful quotes and ideas for every scenario. You can make them yourself or if you want to make it easier, you can download a printable new baby card! We have a whole selection to choose from.
If you’re unsure of where to begin when putting together your new baby card, follow these helpful and general pointers to help your card stand out from the rest of the bunch.
New Baby Cards DOs and DON’Ts!
- DO address both the parents: If you’re sending the new baby card to the parents, be sure to include both parents if applicable.
- DON’T talk about touchy subjects: Make sure you avoid including parenting advice, asking for details about the birth, or mentioning future children in your card.
- DON’T talk about yourself. It’s easy to want to give advice, however this is about them and their moment. It’s not about how much time you get to spend with the new baby or how your children are. Make sure to keep the focus of your new baby card on them.
- DO include flowers or a gift: If you know the recipients well, feel free to send along a thoughtful gift or bouquet of flowers with your wishes for that extra special touch!
From funny new baby messages to touching quotes, these printable cards and new baby wishes are just what you need! They’re memorable and meaningful, perfect to send to the lucky new parents.
The Best Simple New Baby Cards
- “So happy for you three. That’s going to be one lucky baby!”
- “Congratulations on your new arrival. Good luck with your next great adventure.”
- “Wishing you many congratulations on your new bundle of joy.”
- “Wishing you many congratulations on the birth of your daughter/son.”
- “What a very lucky baby! I can’t wait to see her/his beautiful smile.”
- “Well done on creating a mini human being. Let the noise begin!”
- “Really happy for you both. Bring on the dirty nappies and sleepless nights!”
A Perfect Card for a New Baby Boy
Traditional Greetings for Baby Boys
- “Congratulations on the arrival of your son! At last, all your wishes came true. May the little guy be blessed with good health, happiness, and prosperity throughout his life.”
- “Finally, the day has come and your baby boy is in your hands. I am sure you will be extremely happy. Congratulations and hope to see the little prince soon.”
- “The most amazing part of becoming a parent is getting to see a little of yourself in your baby boy every day.”
- “Good wishes to you and your family on the birth of your baby boy.”
- “Welcome to the latest addition to the family. He is the first boy in the family, so we cannot wait to pamper and spoil him with all our love.”
- “Sending you loads of good wishes, happy prayers, and above all endless love for your little prince. Congratulations on becoming a father.”
Casual Greetings for Baby Boys
12. “Buckle up for those sleepless nights, diaper changes, and the endless joy of parenting. Welcome to the club and congratulations on the arrival of your baby boy.”
13. “I know you couldn’t wait to see your baby boy, and finally he is here. Congratulations on becoming a mom to such a cute little boy.”
14. “Congratulations on becoming parents! He’s an adorable and healthy boy.”
17. “Just heard the news! Congratulations and all the best to you both. May your little boy grow up to be great and successful.”
18. “Hey there, new mom! Congratulations on the arrival of the little guy. Heard he is the cutest baby in the hospital. Cannot wait to see him.”
19. “As soon as I saw your baby boy, he gave me a big smile. Then itself I realized he is a spitting image of you. Congratulations buddy.”
20. “Hooray! It is a baby boy. I am so happy for you and cannot wait to see the little guy. Congratulations!”
Hilarious New Baby Cards
- “The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck are the arms of your children.”
- “A toddler can do more in one unsupervised moment than most people can do all day.”
- “Now your world is about to change. Above all a new baby will make your love stronger, home happier, days shorter, nights longer, and bank account emptier. Best wishes for the future!”
- “Congrats! Your baby is cuter than the other babies.”
- “You made a tiny human. Congratulations!”
- “Sleep is overrated, but babies are not. Congrats!”
- “Congratulations on your new baby! We can do something fun together in 18 years to celebrate.”
- “Raising kids is part joy and part guerrilla warfare. Have fun and congrats!”
- “Goodbye tummy – hello mummy!”
A Perfect Card for a New Baby Girl
- “Finally the princess has arrived. I still remember how anxious you were to meet her, and I am sure she will become your best friend. Congrats!”
- “May your life become colorful and filled with happiness and joy because today your best friend for life has arrived. Congrats on the birth of your baby girl.”
- “Wonderful news about your new baby girl! I am sure she will bring tons of joy and happiness in your life. Congratulations and lots of love to the little princess.”
- “So happy to hear the arrival of your baby girl! We are excited to be able to watch the little girl grow up and become a remarkable woman. Congratulations once again.”
- “The boss lady has arrived! Can’t wait to see her grow up and take over the house. She will be the apple of our eyes.”
- “Start the magical journey of parenthood with your baby girl and cherish every second with her. Congratulations on becoming parents.”
- “Daughters are always special; she will be daddy’s little girl and mommy’s best buddy. Congrats on being blessed with such an angel.”
- “The long wait is done, and your baby girl is in your hands. Never miss a moment of her life, as they are the epitome of joy and happiness.”
- “Congrats brother! You are now a father to a cute little angel.”
- “Get ready for the journey of a lifetime. Becoming parents for a baby girl is the most blessed experience. Congrats to you and your family.”
Amazing Quotes for New Baby Cards
- “Children have neither past nor future. They enjoy the present, which very few of us do.” — Jean De La Bruyère
- “You know what the great thing about babies is? They are like little bundles of hope. Like the future in a basket.” — Lish McBride
- “Having a baby is like falling in love again, both with your husband and your child.” — Tina Brown
- “What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.” — Benjamin Spock
- “Welcome to the world, little one. So thrilled that you arrived safely! See you soon!”
- “Children make you want to start life over.” —Muhammad Ali
- “You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” — Franklin P. Jones
- “A child enters your home and for the next twenty years makes so much noise you can hardly stand it. The child departs, leaving the house so silent you think you are going mad.” —John Andrew Holmes
- “Sleep when your baby sleeps. Everyone knows this classic tip, but I say why stop there? Scream when your baby screams. Take Benadryl when your baby takes Benadryl. And walk around pantless when your baby walks around pantless.” — Tina Fey
- “A baby changes your dinner party conversation from politics to poops.” — Maurice Johnston
- “People who say, they sleep like a baby, usually don’t have one.” — Leo Burke
- “Make no mistake about why these babies are here—they are here to replace us.” — Jerry Seinfeld
If you like this post and you would like to read more content like this, please subscribe to our mailing list here
- How Canada Falls Short with the Maternity Leave Experience Report- Moms at work - September 12, 2021
- 50 Amazing New Baby Card Ideas and Free Printables - May 25, 2021
- The Essential Guide to Teaching Cycling Safety to Children - November 9, 2020