In my last few posts, I’ve been writing about topics that I get asked about the most from other moms. This one is no different.
Many new moms ask me if buying from Costco will save them money on baby items. It is a very common question since Costco is a store for members only. If you don’t have a membership, you don’t know what items you can buy there. But at the same time, you don’t want to pay for a membership unless you know that it is cost-efficient for you. If you are in this situation, then this post is for you!
About Costco store:
As I said before, Costco stores are for members only. You would need to become a member before you can shop there, or even get to the store. The membership fee starts at $60 a year.
At Costco, you buy everything in bulk or very large packages. You can’t buy a bag of 20 diapers to try them out. If you’re buying from Costco, you will need to buy a box of 200 diapers.
Costco is not just a grocery store; it is also a place where you can buy drugs, clothes, prescribed glass, tires, furniture, and baby gear. It’s even possible to buy things like insurance, Cineplex tickets, and gift cards.
The last thing to talk about is Costco’s return policy. You can return everything that you don’t like. This includes open food package and clothes without tags that you tried them outside.
Every day baby items that you can buy include:
- Baby formula
- Vitamin d and other children’s’ vitamins.
- Diaper cream.
- Baby gear: car seats, strollers, playpens, and baby furniture.
- Baby clothes, shoes, jackets, and snowsuits.
- Games, activities, educational games, books.
Here are some photos to demonstrate the baby items that you can find in the store.
As with everything, there are some pros and cons to shopping at Costco. If you’re still on the fence about shopping here, hopefully, this list will help you to make up your mind.
- You can save money on items you need to buy in bulk such as diapers and wipes.
- Their generous return policy. You can return anything to Costco. It is one of the great things about this store. Let’s say you bought a jacket for your LO and when the winter came it was still too big. You can return the item to Costco even after three months and get your money back.
- Saving money on things like gift cards, movie tickets, Canada Wonderland tickets, and more.
- Costco is a great place to buy gifts, especially for the holiday season (however, you won’t be able to get a gift receipt for exchange)
- All of the items that are being sold at Costco are high-quality items. Costco only sells outstanding products.
- You buy everything in bulk. You can’t try out a small amount of a product before buying a large amount of it. If you live in a condo without lots of storage space, you won’t be able to buy their large packages
- Membership fee – you need to pay at least $60 in advance to get into the store.
- When I shop there, I find myself buying more than I need to since the deals are so good.
- There isn’t a lot of variety. For example, they only sell Haggis and Kirkland diapers.If you want to use other brands, you will have to buy that from somewhere else.
- Before you pay for membership- find a friend that has a membership and go with him/her to the store for the first time. Search around, see if you like the brands, the products, and the experience.
- Write a list of all the items you would buy there on a weekly/monthly basis like diapers, wipes and Baby formula. Check the saving you will have on an average visit. From here you can check if you would like to invest in a yearly membership.
Will a Costco Membership Save Me Money?
If you using their baby products like their baby formula, Huggies Diapers, and wipes and you will buy there baby clothes –> The answer is YES.
If you like to use species items like Organic formula or Pampers diapers –> the answer is NOT NECESSARILY
** I took the photos in December 2017. Please note that the photos here are only to demonstrate the store variety and I’m sure the prices change from time to time. So please don’t use it as a price guide and visit their site to check items and price. **
This is all for today. I really hope that you found this helpful.
If you want to ask something or add your comment, please write a comment in the section below.
If you like this post and you would like to read more content like that, please subscribe to our mailing list here
- Printable Father’s Day Cards - June 3, 2021
- The All-in-One Swaddle from Nested Bean - June 2, 2021
- Social Distancing: How To Survive and Thrive as a Mom - April 4, 2021