You have a great stroller that you absolutely love and use a lot! However, having an umbrella stroller as your second stroller have lots of benefits.
The main reason parents in Toronto use an umbrella stroller is for daycare drop off and pickups.
In this blog post, you will find the reasons to have an umbrella stroller for your child and the best umbrella strollers you can buy for your baby or child.
Why should I use an umbrella stroller?
- For Daycare: Most daycares in Toronto, have limited storage space. Therefore you are only allowed to leave an umbrella stroller during the day at the daycare center.
- For Eazy travelling: Umbrella stroller is perfect for travelling, airports and taking flights.
- The compact fold is a Space saver. Umbrella stroller doesn’t take extra space when it’s folded.
- Umbrella stroller is the perfect stroller for occasional use with a preschooler: two to four years.
- Second Stroller for grandparents without breaking the bank.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Thank you for your support
Best Umbrella Strollers for Daycare Drop-off and pick-ups
#1 The Most Value For Money: Summer Infant 3D Lite Stroller
Summer Infant 3D Lite is the most popular umbrella stroller in Toronto. The durable, stylish frame weighs just 12 pounds. Easy compact fold with carrying strap. The large seat area with a 5-point safety harness and 3-position recline. There is also an adjustable canopy with flip out sun visor, extra-large storage basket, rear storage pocket and parent cup holder.
This is the stroller I personally own and use for the last 4 years now.
With auto-lock and a carry strap, it is ideal for carrying on the subway or through the airport.
There is also 2 more versions of this umbrella stroller:
- Summer Infant 3D Mini Stroller which is very lightweight- only 11 lbs!
- Summer Infant 3D Flip Convenience Stroller with the options for Rear-facing (up to 30-Pound)
#2 The Most Stylish: Maclaren Quest
Maclaren Quest features include a redesigned hood with custom-fit apron, streamlined wheels with one step brakes and an elevated seat on an Aerodynamic frame. Basic weight of 12.2lbs. This stroller can be used from newborns and up to 25kg. Every Maclaren includes a premium wind-resistant rain cover and easily replaceable parts available also. However, the price for this stroller is above $300 cad.
#3 The Most Sturdy: Graco TraveLite Umbrella Stroller
GracoTrvelLite is a lightweight stroller offers parents easy portability thanks to the quick, compact fold with storage latch that keeps the stroller folded. Sturdy frame provides excellent portability and the convenient. Carry strap makes it easy to stay on the go. This umbrella stroller is the most sturdy but also the most heavier- is it 8kg /17 lbs.
#4 The Best For Two: Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem
Delta Children lightweight umbrella Tandem stroller has a multi-position reclining feature. This compact umbrella folds for easy storage and travels with 5 point harness and soft shoulder pads. Fits through a Standard 30″ door! and makes travelling with two children easier than ever!
#5 The Most Adjustable: UPPABaby G-Luxe
G-Luxe lightweight umbrella stroller by Uppababy is suitable from 3 months to 55 lbs. Line-handed actuated recline and adjustable footrest. This stroller is very adjustable for every stage and needs: reclining seat, adjustable footrest, extendable UPF 50+ sunshade, ergonomic handles for easier pushing. Removable, washable, stain and water-resistant fabrics.
If you have any question or comment, feel free to use the comments section below. I will do my best to answer as soon as possible.
- Social Distancing: How To Survive and Thrive as a Mom - January 18, 2021
- Birth in a Pandemic: Having a Baby During COVID-19 - January 10, 2021
- How To Take Your Own Maternity Photos - January 6, 2021