Every Month I featured a new mom from Toronto and the GTA in my blog. This month I decided to share my story and answer the New Mom questioner by myself.
Nice To Meet You
You can call me: Diel Gerber. Unfortunately not related to the Gerber Baby food company.
My Little Ones are:
My oldest one is Emily and she is 8 years old. My little one is Naomi and she is 3.5 years old.
Three strange or interesting things about my family are:
1. My husband and I moved to Toronto from Israel a few years ago, but our daughters are true Canadians. Emily loves everything about the winter.
2. We love the outdoor life and trying to spend as much as we can outside.
3. As a Russian-Jewish- Isreali- Canadian family we get to celebrate many holidays. We always have a reason to celebrate 🙂
My city and/or neighborhood is:
North York, Toronto.
The three things that you need to know about me are:
1. I’m a workaholic. I love to work, love my job and when I’m home I’m working on my blog.
2. While hiking in Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, I had a brief encounter with a bear and a mouse.
3. I have a military background and I served in the Israeli army for a few years.
The Coles Notes!
Hours of sleep
7-8 hours. I’m getting into bed very early to make sure I’m getting enough sleep.
Breastfeeding or bottle?
Disposable or reusable diapers?
Condo, apartment, or house?
Car or TTC?
Languages I speak:
English and Hebrew. My husband speaks Russan as well.
Time flies when you’re being a mom
What I enjoyed the most about being on maternity leave was:
The amount of time I get to spend with my family.
The best things that I do with my LO are:
Snuggle: I can snuggle with my baby for hours. I also love long walks and can’t wait until the summer is finally here.
What I do when I take time for myself is:
I enjoy a massage and a visit to the nail salon.
I love Toronto because:
Multicultural. I love meeting new people from different backgrounds. The city offers so many different activities for mommies and families.
My favorite place in Toronto is:
Edwards Gardens and the Toronto Botanical Garden. Such a beautiful and peaceful place to visit.
The website or app I can’t live without is:
What’s App, Uber, Instagram.
I shop online at:
I do all of my shopping online. I rarely go into brick and mortar type stores. It is hard to find exactly what you’re looking for in one store. I feel like by shopping online, I save lots of time and I get everything to my door. My main go-to online store is Amazon. I also shop at H&M, Reitmans, Gap and Old Navy
My favorite baby store is:
Since my Baby was born, I purchased everything online. My favourite online store is Amazon Baby store.
The best advice I’ve received so far is:
Don’t compare yourself to others. We’re doing the best we can every day.
The best advice that I can give to new moms is:
Don’t compare your baby to other babies. At the age of five, all kids sit, walk, eat and use the washroom 😉
- How to Address your Mealtime Stress - August 15, 2022
- Five Reasons Why Your Kids Need to See You Exercise - June 24, 2022
- 5 Tips For Coping With Working-Mom Guilt - June 22, 2022