You are invited to Our Generation Hair Styling Event
If you have a daughter, you know that big problem – HAIR! Getting your kiddo to do their hair is an exhausting task to begin with. Add to that the complexity of hairstyles, and if you aren’t too good at styling hair, it becomes overwhelming.
The moms on YouTube make it look so easy, and the girls look so lovely with their hairdos. If only there were someone who could teach you!
Our four best tips for doing your kids hair
- Put in a wash-and-go style or a braid out. This will help with product build-up and allow her hair to stay moisturized.
- Make sure you use products that are free of harsh chemicals. Many companies make products for little girls with sensitive skin and hair.
- Take your time! If you rush, it’s more likely to become a big stressful event than a fun bonding experience.
- You don’t have to spend hours doing your child’s hair, but slowing down and taking your time can make the whole experience much more enjoyable for both of you.
- While you are doing your kids’ hair, they can play with their favourite dolls and their hair.
I would love to thank the Canadian brand Our Generation, for helping me bring this guide to you by sponsoring this blog post.
Our Generation Hair Play doll
Our Generation Hair Play doll is all about Hair Play fun, and my LO’ loves to play with dolls and hair accessories. My daughters and I are obsessed with these dolls.
You can play for hours with their hair. Phoebe has an extendable braid, you can put her hair up, play wash and dry, and dry her hair with the cutest hair dryer ever. The dolls are 18″, they come with outfits and accessories. Kids- boys and girls, just love to play with them. Our doll came with a book that tells her life story, and my oldest daughter who is 8 years old read the story to her little sister.
For over 25 years, Our Generation has been inspiring young minds to contribute to society through a community of empowerment and play: a place where all children can laugh, learn, dream big, and grow together. Filled with endless stories and exciting possibilities, Our Generation dolls, outfits, books, and playsets come to life in children’s minds while encouraging them to create the narrative of their generation.
Our Generation Hair Styling Event- March 25th, 2023
There is an amazing event coming to town! It will combine two things: getting you out of the house and teaching you to style your hair. Bring your little fashionistas and their Our Generation dolls to Toys“R”Us for an amazing beauty-bar session!
There they’ll step into a special in-store salon. You will walk in, your kids will choose the hairstyle of their choice and get their hair done. They will learn from a professional hair stylist how to style their OG doll’s hair! You can explore all the different hair play sets, style your dolls’ hair and take a photo of the hairdo. Sounds like a lot of fun!
Bring your best OG friend or friends. If you don’t have a doll, don’t worry, you are still welcome to come and check out the dolls in person.
Our Generation Hair Styling Event- Event details
- Saturday, March 25th. 11 AM to 2 PM
- Each guest will get their hair done by a professional hairstylist.
- Three Toys”R”us locations
- This event is first come, first served.
- For more information from Toys”R”Us visit this page.
You can also visit the event pages on Facebook. See you there!
- You are invited to Our Generation Hair Styling Event - March 7, 2023
- Mom & Baby Programs and Activities - January 31, 2023
- Your Baby Registry Checklist - January 18, 2023